Simple Turkey Neck Boil Recipes
Ready to try something different for dinner? Let’s learn how to cook turkey neck boil recipes! Whether new to cooking or a kitchen pro, boiling turkey necks is easy and tasty. I’ve got simple recipes, spicy ones, and even a seafood mix. In This article, I will show you how to boil turkey necks and give tips for making them suitable. So, grab those turkey necks, and let’s start cooking!
Recipe# 1: Simple Boiled Turkey Necks
Have you ever thought of trying turkey necks? Wondering how to boil turkey necks? Easy! Brown them in a pan. Then, bake them with some carrots and onions for about 90 minutes. That’s it! They’ll be super soft. If you’re thinking about how long turkey necks take to boil, this baking method works wonders.
Serve with potatoes or rice, or eat them just as they are. This boiled turkey neck recipe is a must-try! Let’s see the ingredients and instructions-
List of Ingredients
Got some turkey necks? Perfect! For this simple dish, grab:
- 4 lb turkey necks
- Three carrots
- One onion
- A few bay leaves
- Some salt
- And light olive oil for a quick fry.
- If you want, cut the turkey necks into smaller bits.
- Slice your onion into half rings.
- Clean and chop the carrots into big pieces.
- Get a skillet hot and oily, then brown the turkey necks all over. Take them out for a second.
- In that same skillet, cook the onions until they’re golden.
Mix & Bake:
- Add your turkey necks back in and sprinkle some salt.
- Pour in a cup of hot water.
- Cover the dish and put it in the oven at 350F. If you’re thinking, how long to boil turkey necks in the cooker? About 1.5 hours or until that meat gets soft.
Time to Eat:
Serve those yummy boiled turkey necks with potatoes, rice, or just as they are while they’re still hot!
There you go! It’s a super simple boiled turkey neck recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe# 2: Louisiana Boiled Turkey Necks
Have you got some turkey necks and need help with how to boil turkey necks the Louisiana way? Let’s break it down:
You’ll need turkey necks, bell peppers, onion, celery, and garlic. Spice things up with shrimp and crab seasoning, chicken powder, and crab-boil liquid. Add in water, lemons, and some extra seasoning. Are you feeling fancy? You can toss in corn and potatoes, too!
You can cook them either in a slow cooker or on the stove. If you’re curious about how long to boil turkey necks, here are detailed boiled turkey neck recipes out there to guide you.
List of Ingredients
- turkey necks (4-5 lbs)
- Two bell peppers (chopped)
- One big onion (chopped)
- A celery stalk (chopped)
- Two garlic cloves
- Shrimp and crab boil seasoning (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth powder
- Liquid crab boil (1-2 TBS) – Go easy if you like it mild!
- Water (6 cups)
- Lemons (2) for cleaning
- Optional: accent seasoning (MSG alert!)
- Bonus: corn and potatoes
Preparing the turkey necks:
- Clean those turkey necks with water and lemon juice.
- Trim off any extra fat.
- Get a bowl and mix the dry seasoning, bouillon powder, liquid crab boil, water, and optional accent seasoning.
Cooking on a slow cooker:
- Add turkey necks and veggies to a large slow cooker.
- Pour in your seasoning mix.
- Put the cover on! Use HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for around 7 to 8 hours. Be patient until the meat becomes tender!
Cooking on a stovetop:
- Pour seasoning mix into a big pot.
- Add veggies and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Pop in the turkey necks.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer. Cover but leave a tiny gap.
- Cook for about 2 hours. You might need more water as you go. Once done, drain.
Note: Feel like adding corn and potatoes? Toss them in towards the end. Check on the corn regularly to avoid overcooking. For the stovetop, pop them in after the necks and cook till the potatoes are soft.
There you go! Enjoy your turkey neck seafood boil. Remember, for details like how long to boil turkey necks, follow the recipe closely.
Recipe# 3: Turkey Neck Seafood Boil
Are you craving a unique seafood dish? Let’s try a turkey neck seafood boil! Here’s a quick view:
You’re going to use turkey necks to make a yummy broth. Toss in seafood boil seasoning for that authentic seafood taste. Add a dash of seafood oil to keep things non-sticky and boost the flavor. Perfect for sunny gatherings or backyard cookouts, this boiled turkey neck recipe is sure to win hearts.
List of Ingredients
Thinking of a hearty meal? Let’s whip up a turkey neck seafood boil. Here’s a simple list of what you’ll need:
- Turkey necks: 2 pounds
- Seafood boil seasoning: 1 tablespoon
- Seafood oil: 1 teaspoon
- Sliced onion: 1
- Sliced bell peppers: 2
- Garlic (cut in half): 1 head
- Corn on the cob: 1 pound
- New potatoes (cut in half): 1 pound
- Peeled shrimp: 1 pound
- Crab legs (thaw if frozen): 1 pound
- Sliced sausage: 1/2 pound
- Lemons and Old Bay seasoning for serving
Want a quick guide to a delicious turkey neck seafood boil? Here you go:
- Fill a big pot with water. Toss in your turkey necks, seafood seasoning, and some seafood oil.
- Crank up the heat and boil turkey necks. Once bubbling, lower the heat and let it cook until those necks are soft (about an hour).
- Next, add in:
- Bell peppers
- Corn and potatoes (boiled turkey necks and potatoes are a classic!)
- Crab legs
- Sausage slices
- Turn the heat up again, and once it’s boiling, simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Wait until that seafood is perfectly cooked.
- All done? Drain it out and serve it hot! Add some lemon slices and scatter with spice mix.
Are boiled turkey necks healthy?
Are you wondering whether boiled turkey necks are healthy or not? They contain protein and nutrients like iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. In a 3-ounce serving, expect there to be 200 calories, 10g of fat, and 20g of protein. But watch out for the fat! How you cook them matters.
Using lots of oil or butter or leaving the skin on can increase the grease. If you’re thinking about “how to boil turkey necks” in a healthier way, consider baking or roasting them. Tossing in veggies like carrots or onions can boost flavor and nutrition.
So, while boiled turkey necks and potatoes might be tempting, remember to prep right to get the best out of your turkey necks! Cook smart to enjoy this protein-rich treat without the extra fat and calories.
How long does it take to boil turkey necks?
Curious about how long to boil turkey necks? Generally, they take 1-2 hours, but it can differ based on the recipe. For a basic boiled turkey neck recipe, it’s around 1-1.5 hours. Are you going for a Louisiana style?
That’s closer to 2-2.5 hours. If diving into a turkey neck seafood boil, expect about 3-3.5 hours. But remember, these are just ballpark figures. The key?
Make sure the internal temp hits 165°F for safe eating. So, whether you’re prepping boiled turkey necks and potatoes or just exploring how to boil turkey necks, always check they’re cooked through!
We’ve looked at some great ways to cook turkey neck boil recipes, and it’s clear they’re a yummy choice for any meal. They’re not just tasty but also good for you. So, next time you want to cook something special, think about these recipes. Whether it’s a bare turkey neck boil or one with seafood, there’s something here for everyone. Enjoy your meal!
- Best Fried Lobster Bites Recipes
- Simple Chicken Wing Boil Recipes
- Simple Bay Scallop Recipes with Pasta