How to Reheat Stromboli in Air Fryer, Oven, and More
Willing to spend a lazy day or a holiday? So, you would definitely not want to spend your morning time in the kitchen preparing your favorite stromboli. But preparing strombolis a day or couple of days before and then reheating that same stromboli on the weekend would be the best solution.
So, in this article, we are going to aid you a bit and discuss how to reheat stromboli in various methods. Basically, if you like a crisp crust, then we would recommend you reheat your stromboli in an air fryer or oven. But if you like a moist and soggy crust, then you should definitely reheat your stromboli using a microwave or crock pot.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss 5 methods to reheat your stromboli following the way of crust you would love to have on a weekend morning.
Let us start the reheating of the strombolis and keep our tummy at peace.
How to Reheat Stromboli in an Air Fryer?
Let us start reheating in an air fryer. Using the air fryer would keep your stromboli’s crust crispy, and this is the quickest possible method to reheat a stromboli.
- An Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
You can follow this process for reheating stromboli:
- First, take your stromboli out of the fridge and let them reach room temperature, or keep them out for around 30 minutes. Doing this would require less time to reheat the stromboli and would be energy efficient as well. You might directly reheat your stromboli from the fridge without letting it reach room temperature.
- Preheat your air fryer for about 5 minutes at 350℉ to 400℉
- Then, cut it into pieces using a knife as the stromboli is bigger in size.
- Now, place a parchment paper at the base of the air fryer basket. Otherwise, it is obvious that the creamy fillings inside the stromboli will come out of the thing and flow over the air fryer basket when heated.
- Then, put your cut strombolis in the air fryer basket and put the basket inside the air fryer.
- Now let them be there for around 4-5 minutes at 350℉ to 400℉
- Pull the basket out after a certain time and check if it is reheated properly or not. Put it back again for around 1-2 minutes if more warm is desired.
That is it. You can easily and quickly reheat your stromboli using an air fryer and enjoy the delicious stromboli.
N.B: Brushing a bit of oil over the stromboli can provide a more brown and crispy crust. But this is not mandatory, depending on personal preferences.
- How to Reheat Ribs in Air Fryer
- How to Reheat Fried Shrimp in Air Fryer
- How to Reheat Calzone in Air Fryer
How to Reheat Stromboli in Oven?
Now, if you do not have an air fryer at home, then you can try reheating stromboli in an oven. If you like moist crust, then you should avoid this method, as using an oven for reheating strombolis will give you a brown and crispy crust.
- Aluminum Foil Wrap
- Cooking Oil (not mandatory)
- An Oven
Follow this process to get the reheated stromboli with a crisp crust:
- First, bring out the strombolis from the fridge and let it reach room temperature, or leave it out for around 30-40 minutes. Doing this will help to heat up the stromboli evenly inside out.
- Or, you can directly go for reheating, pulling it back from the fridge as well.
- Then preheat the oven to 350℉ for around 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime, wrap your stromboli in aluminum foil. You can brush a bit of cooking oil over the stromboli if you want a more brown crust, but this is optional and depends upon your personal preferences.
- After wrapping it completely, put it inside the preheated oven and let it be there for around 15-20 minutes at 350℉.
- Passing a certain time, pull back the baking tray from the oven and check if the strombolis are fully heated or not. If not, then again, put it back for around 2-3 minutes.
That is all you would need to know to use an oven to reheat stromboli on a weekend morning.
How to Reheat Stromboli in a Microwave?
The taste of food varies from person to person, and so do the preferences. So if you do not like a crispy crust of the stromboli like others, like a moist, soggy, and juicy one, then do not be disappointed as there are options for you also.
If you like a moist and juicy crust of your stromboli, then you can use a microwave to reheat your stromboli and get the soggy and moist crust that you are looking for.
- A glass of water or
- A paper towel
- A microwave
You can follow the steps to get a moist crust of your stromboli using a microwave:
- Take out the stromboli and leave them at room temperature until they reach the normal temperature.
- After reaching room temperature, take it and put it inside the microwave.
- Put a water-soaked paper towel on the stromboli or put a microwave-proof container inside with water so that the stromboli can regain some moisture and keep their crust softer.
- Then, set the microwave at 50% and keep it there for 4-5 minutes. If using a soaked paper towel, then keep it there for 2-3 minutes and then remove the paper towel. Later, put it back for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then, pull the stromboli back and check whether it is properly heated or not. If not heated properly, then put it back inside the microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
That is it. You can easily achieve your juicy and softer stromboli crust following this method using a microwave and enjoy the relish.
How to Reheat Stromboli in a Crockpot?
Here is another method to reheat stromboli, keeping the crust juicy and soggy. Using a crockpot can give you the desired juicy, moist, soggy crust instead of a crispy one.
- Cooking oil
- A Crockpot
You can go on these steps to get a mushy dough of your stromboli:
- First, take the stromboli out of the fridge and leave them on a table at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Before going for the heating, spray some cooking oil on the crockpot surface.
- Then, put your stromboli inside the crockpot and again brush some oil on the stromboli surface to have a brown but soft crust. Brushing oil over the surface is mandatory if you directly put the stromboli in the crockpot from the fridge.
- Now set a lower setting and let your stromboli be inside the crockpot for around 20-30 minutes.
- Then, take it out and check if it is heated properly or not. If not, then again put it for another 5-10 minutes.
That is it. You have your juicy crust and creamy filling of your stromboli using a crockpot to reheat it.
How to Reheat Stromboli in a Skillet?
Reheating in a skillet is not advised as there is a good chance of burning the crust. Extra attention is required to keep the crust unburnt and to heat evenly. However, this is an easy process as everyone has a skillet in their kitchen. So reheating stromboli using the skillet can be a good and easy thing to do.
- Cooking oil
- Keep your stromboli out of the fridge for around 30 minutes to room temperature to reach its atmospheric temperature, as heating any frozen item in this manner helps to distribute the heat evenly.
- Then, spray a bit of cooking oil on the skillet surface and let the skillet heat a little.
- Then, put your stromboli to it and fry the crust until it gets brown.
- After that, pour a very small amount of water, close the lid of the skillet, and keep it like this for about 2-3 minutes. This will bring the moisture back to the stromboli and let it heat inside out.
- Check if it is heated properly or not, and if not, then keep it in the same manner for another 2-3 minutes.
That is it. Your stromboli is ready to be served.
How do I keep Stromboli from becoming soggy when reheating?
If you want to keep the crust of your stromboli crispy while reheating, use an air fryer or oven. If using an oven, wrap it in aluminum foil to retain moisture and prevent drying.
What’s the recommended temperature to ensure the Stromboli is safely reheated?
To make sure that Stromboli is safely reheated and that any potentially hazardous microorganisms are eliminated, reheat it to an interior temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
How long can I store leftover Stromboli before reheating?
Leftover Stromboli can be frozen for up to 2 – 3 months, or it can be kept in the fridge for 3 – 4 days before reheated.
The Perfect Choice for You
We have said it all and given you all the choices. If you are a crispy crust lover of your stromboli, then use the air fryer or oven to reheat the stromboli that you have stored for the morning.
But you need to follow the process to reheat stromboli using the microwave or crock pot if you prefer a soft, mushy crust and a creamy and sticky filling inside.
If you are in a hurry and do not have any of the kitchen appliances mentioned before, then you can reheat your leftover stromboli using the skillet in your kitchen. Just be aware that the crust does not get burnt, as this would diminish the taste.
So that was all on how to reheat stromboli following various techniques. Wishing a good breakfast or snack time without spending much time in your kitchen. Have a flavorsome breakfast time.