How to Cook Shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle – Finding the Right Way
Shrimp can be turned into such dishes that make people crave it. But the taste of this delicious meal also depends upon the method you are going to take to cook.
Shrimp do taste really great when they are cooked on a Blackstone griddle. So, let us know how to cook shrimp on a Blackstone griddle.
Cooking on a Blackstone griddle does not require many ingredients. You will just be required to use butter, garlic, salt, and pepper for basic cooking. You can add other seasonings as well if you want. So, without delaying any further, let us get into the cooking of those delicious shrimp.
How to Cook Shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle – Step-by-step process
Cooking shrimp on a Blackstone griddle is very easy and a fast process, but there is a say. It would test better if the outer layer is turned into a crisp thing and the inside of the shrimp remains juicy.
So, it might be a bit tricky to bring this into your cooked shrimp perfectly. We are going to make those things easy for you here. Here we go:
List of Ingredients
You will basically need the following ingredients for a basic Blackstone griddle shrimp recipe:
- Raw & large-sized shrimps
- Peel off the hard outer shells of shrimp and then devein them, or can buy peeled and deveined shrimp from the market.
- The garlic we are going to use needs to be chopped properly, as a larger piece of the garlic would not add proper flavor to the meal.
- The lemon we are going to use in this meal needs to be extracted as lemon juice. Then, the lemon juice is going to be used in the further process so that it can add the desired taste and flavor to the grilled shrimp.
Follow these steps to bring the right taste and texture to your grilled shrimp. You might also modify the steps according to your needs.
Preheating the Griddle
Before starting the cooking, preheat your Blackstone griddle to 350℉ – 400℉. Doing this will make the cooking faster.
Melting Butter on the Griddle
After preheating the griddle, then add butter and try to spread it out to a certain portion.
Addition of Shrimp on the Griddle
Later on, add the peeled and deveined shrimp over the butter and spread them out.
Time to Cook
Let the shrimp be over the melted butter for around 2-3 minutes. Keep them like that until they become pinkish. Then, turn it around and let it be there for another 2-3 minutes.
Seasoning the Grilled Shrimp
After cooking the shrimp properly, move them aside and add more butter to the center. Once the butter gets melted, add the chopped garlic, salt, and pepper to that melted butter and mix them.
Then mix the shrimps with that seasoned butter and try to toss and stir them properly so that all shrimps get the season over their body. Let them be like that for around 1 minute or more.
Serving the Meal
After cooking and seasoning the shrimp properly, serve them to the dish and add fresh lemon juice over them to increase their taste.
- How to Reheat Shrimp and Grits
- How to Reheat Fried Shrimp in an Air Fryer
Different Types of Seasoning with Grilled Shrimp
The taste of the same grilled shrimp can be modified or completely changed if you choose different kinds of seasonings.
So, let us know about some of the seasonings that can shoot up your taste buds.
- Seasoning with melted garlic butter
- Seasoning with lemon juice and garlic
- Seasoning with paprika, onion, and garlic mix along with some pepper
- Using teriyaki sauce in marination and later on the addition of onion, garlic, and butter on the griddle
- Use of tandoori masala, yogurt, cumin, coriander and other herbs
These are just some names for you to understand the way of adding a different vibe to the same dish. There are more like these.
Can I use frozen shrimp on the griddle?
It is possible to use frozen shrimp on a griddle but for optimal flavor, texture, and even cooking.
It is advised to defrost them beforehand. The burning frozen shrimp may be hampered by more prolonged cooking times and possible moisture leakage during defrosting if cooked directly from the freezer.
What should I serve with griddled shrimp?
Several side dishes and toppings can be served with pan-fried shrimp, such as:
- Rice (can be served with brown or white rice)
- Pasta (mixed with a tasty sauce and pasta)
- Vegetables (accompanied with grilled or roasted veggies)
- Salad (for a light supper, add some griddled prawns to a salad)
- Tacos (placing shrimp, salsa, and garnishes inside soft tortillas)
- Dipping Sauces (passing around garlic butter and cocktail sauce for dipping)
- Bread (to make a straightforward prawn sandwich, serve with crusty bread)
How to clean the Blackstone griddle after cooking shrimp?
After cooking shrimp, wash a Blackstone griddle as follows:
- Use a griddle scraper to remove foodstuff remains from the griddle while it is still hot.
- Using paper towels or a cloth, clean it once it has cooled.
- To get rid of tough debris for a deeper clean, mix vinegar and water.
- To avoid rust, reseason the griddle by putting a light coating of oil on it.
Recommended Post: How to Keep your Blackstone Griddle from Rusting
We have reached the last stage of this guide, where we have discussed how to cook shrimp on a Blackstone griddle.
If we conclude things for you, you just need to marinate large-sized shrimps, which are peeled and deveined. Later on, preheating the Blackstone griddle, add butter, shrimp, and, as the finishing touch, the addition of the seasoning herbs. That is all.
Feel free to ask any questions or to provide any suggestions on how to cook shrimp with a Blackstone griddle.
Wishing you a fantastic family supper time where everyone is going to praise your magical hands for these grilled shrimps.
- How to Cook Frozen Asparagus
- How to Cook Puffball Mushrooms