Best Fried Lobster Bites Recipes
If you are a seafood lover, then lobster bites might be heaven for you. But going to a restaurant every time you crave it might be a little bit expensive. So, thankfully, we are here to help you out, and we have the best fried lobster bites recipes for you so that you can make it whenever you are craving fried lobster bites.
In this blog, we will break down the recipes for the best fried lobster bites recipes in a few simple steps. You can enjoy lobster bites anytime you want. But here’s the best part: making these delectable gems in your own home doesn’t require you to be a skilled cook.
Whether you’re an expert chef or someone who’s just starting to learn about cooking, our recipes are simple, straightforward, and—most importantly—completely scrumptious. So, let’s get started.
Recipe #1: Deep Fried Lobster Bites
Deep-fried lobster bites—just the name brings up thoughts of crispy, golden-brown perfection, right? In this recipe, we’ll share the techniques for making these mouthwatering lobster bites that are tender and coated in a crispy coating that will make you savor the taste of the sea with every delicious bite.
Ingredients that you will need to make deep fried lobster bites:
For the Lobster Bites:
- Lobster tail- 1pc/person
For the Egg Wash:
- Egg- 1pc/tail
- Buttermilk- ½ to 1 cup
For the Tempura Batter:
- Flour- 1 cup
- Cornstarch- 1 tbsp
- Seltzer water- 1 ½ cups
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Cayenne pepper- ½ tsp
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp
For the Clarified Butter:
- Unsalted butter- 2 sticks
Instructions to make deep fried lobster bites:
- To begin, thoroughly mix the buttermilk and eggs by whisking them together. Set this mixture aside for later.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tempura batter in a large mixing bowl. Make sure to combine them properly. Now, set this batter aside.
- Take the lobster tail and carefully cut it in half. Slice the removed meat into generously sized, bite-sized pieces.
- Dip the piece of lobster meat into egg wash, and make sure the egg wash has completely covered each piece of lobster meat. After the egg wash, dunk the pieces into the tempura batter, making sure to coat them completely.
- Prepare your deep-frying oil by heating it. Ensure that it is about 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To maintain even heat, don’t overcrowd the frying pan; only cook a few lobster pieces at a time.
- The coated lobster pieces should be deep-fried for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crispy. In order to ensure consistent cooking, the pan must not be overfilled.
- To drain any extra oil, put the fried lobster bites on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Next, you need to make clarified butter. For this, you need to cut the two sticks of unsalted butter into smaller pieces. When the butter has melted, turn off the heat and let the pan rest for five minutes.
- Now, pour the clarified butter into a different container, leaving the milky solids that collect at the bottom of the pan behind. This must be done carefully and slowly. Then, skim off any froth that forms on the surface of the melted butter.
- Finally, enjoy your meal by dipping the just-fried lobster bites into the clarified butter.
That’s it! Now, you can enjoy your deep fried lobster bites. If you want to use other recipes, read on.
Recipe #2: Florida Lobster Bites
With this delicious recipe, we take the best Florida has to offer—succulent lobster—and transform it into bite-sized pieces of deliciousness.
Ingredients that you will need to make Florida lobster bites with Lemon Aioli:
Florida Lobster Bites Ingredients:
- Florida lobster tails- 4 pcs
- All-purpose flour- ½ cup
- Cornmeal- ½ cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Onion powder- 1 tsp
- Cayenne- ¼ tsp
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh herbs
Lemon Aioli Ingredients:
- Egg yolk- 1 pc
- Meyer lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Hot sauce- 1 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce- 1 tsp
- Minced garlic- 1 clove
- A pinch of salt
- Olive oil
Instructions to make to make Florida lobster bites with lemon aioli:
- First, you need to gently remove the meat from the lobster tails. In order to do this, you need to carefully cut through the shells lengthwise using strong kitchen shears.
- After that, cut the tail flesh crosswise and then lengthwise to generate pieces that are 1 to 1 ½ inches in size.
- Then, you need to preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (about 93 degrees Celsius).
- Next, take a cast iron skillet, Dutch oven, or an electric fryer to start heating the cooking oil. Heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (approximately 175 degrees Celsius).
- Now, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, cornmeal, paprika, onion powder, and cayenne in a pie plate or cake pan. This will make a seasoned coating mixture.
- Next, you need to drain the fried lobster bites. So, prepare a plate covered with paper towels.
- Then, coat the lobster pieces with the cornmeal coating mixture. Then, when the oil is heated enough, carefully drop the lobster pieces into the hot oil.
- Make sure there is adequate room in the pan so that cooking can take place evenly and avoid overcrowding. Also, turn the lobster bites as needed during frying so that it can fry evenly.
- When the lobsters turn into an amazing golden-brown color after frying for a few minutes, transfer the lobsters to a plate lined with paper towels. This will cause the towels to absorb any remaining oil.
- If you’re frying the lobster in batches, fry the remaining lobster while keeping the first batch in the oven in the warm mode.
- Lastly, add some fresh herbs over the fried lobster pieces to give them an extra flavor boost, then serve them with your homemade lemon aioli.
Instructions to make Lemon Aioli:
In a blender, add egg yolk, Meyer lemon juice, spicy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and a dash of salt. Then, blend everything to make a mixture that is smooth and well-combined.
Olive oil should now be added to the mixture gradually while the blender is running via the top hole. Continue adding the oil until the aioli becomes as thick as your preference.
When the lemon aioli has reached the correct thickness, place it in the refrigerator to cool until you’re ready to serve.
Recipe #3: Cheese and Lobster Bites
These delicious bites are just what you need to elevate your appetizer game or for a tasty snack. Let’s dive into the magic of Cheese and Lobster Bites in this recipe, which will leave you drooling for more.
Ingredients to make cheese and lobster bites:
- Fresh lobster- 1 pc
- Gouda cheese- ½ cup
- Egg- 1 pc
- Bread crumbs
- Cayenne pepper (a pinch)
- Lemon- ½ pc
- Oil (for frying)
Instructions to make cheese and lobster bites:
- The cheese should first be melted in a bowl until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Next, the melted cheese should be mixed with the chopped-up lobster meat.
- Then, you need to add a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, cayenne peppeer, and some pepper to this mixture to season.
- Turn the mixture into smaller, bite-sized balls after allowing it to cool.
- The first step is to uniformly coat each ball by rolling it in flour.
- The flour-covered balls should next be fully coated by dipping them into beaten eggs.
- In order to give the coated lobster and cheese balls a crispy layer, roll them in bread crumbs.
- The coated bites should be fried till golden brown and crispy in hot vegetable oil.
- Once fried, take the cheese and lobster bites from the oil on a plate covered with paper towels. This will drain any extra oil.
That’s it! Pretty easy, right? Now, you can enjoy those cheesy bites.
What are the best dipping sauces for lobster bites?
Lobster bites are undoubtedly delicious, but to bring out the flavors, dips are a must. So read on to prepare some amazing dips to complement your lobster bites.
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce:
With lobster bites, this creamy, savory-sweet sauce works well. Butter, lemon juice, and garlic come together to produce a flavorful sauce that balances the sweetness of the lobster. In order to make a garlic lemon butter sauce, you need butter, garlic cloves, chicken broth, freshly squeezed lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.
Lobster bites pair perfectly with mango salsa, which is a delicious side dish. Combine ripe mango, sliced red onion, minced jalapeno, lime juice, and chopped cilantro leaves to make a blend of sweet and sour flavors. In order to prepare a mango salsa, you need mangoes, red onion, minced jalapeno, freshly squeezed lime juice, and freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
This homemade chipotle mayo is a versatile, creamy condiment that gives a variety of foods a pleasant smokey taste. It’s the best-kept secret sauce for many Mexican-inspired dishes. Rich and creamy chipotle mayo has a light smoke flavor from the peppers themselves, some added smoked paprika, and a bit of heat from the chipotles. In order to make a chipotle mayo, you’ll need mayonnaise, chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, and garlic powder.
French Onion Dip:
French onion dip combines the delicious flavor of caramelized onions with the tangy zing of sour cream and mayonnaise to create a rich, savory dip. The caramelized onions give it a little sweetness, and a small amount of garlic deepens the flavor.
The key ingredients for making French onion dip are caramelized onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Extra herbs or spices can be added to the dish to modify the flavor.
Sweet Chili Sauce:
Sweet Chili Sauce: A delicious condiment made from a combination of chilies, garlic, sugar, and vinegar is known as sweet chili sauce. It has a flavor that is equally sweet and spicy and pairs incredibly well with seafood meals like lobster bites. The acidity of the vinegar adds another level of complexity to the overall flavor, while the sweetness of the sugar offsets the fire of the chilies.
Red chilies, garlic cloves, white sugar, rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar), fish sauce (optional), and salt are the ingredients you’ll need to make your own sweet chili sauce. Together, these components create the ideal fusion of heat and sweetness.
What does fried lobster taste like?
Your palate will be delighted by the flavor of fried lobster. Imagine biting into a crispy, golden-brown shell that reveals luscious, delicate lobster meat. As you take a bite, the wonderful crunch and subsequent flavor explosion will grab your attention first. Due to the frying process, the exterior coating is salty and crispy, offering the ideal contrast to the lobster’s juicy center.
Let’s now talk about the lobster. It is sweet and has a slight saltiness that perfectly reflects the flavor of the sea. It’s impossible to resist the perfectly blended flavors of the crunchy shell and the delicate, somewhat sweet lobster meat.
In this article, we discussed some of the best fried lobster bites recipes, which will satisfy your cravings and will leave you wanting for more. These mouthwatering bites provide an exceptional taste, and they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
So, why wait? Grab your apron and try out these easy recipes! These recipes ensure that you are enjoying every bite. Whether you are indulging in a special meal or serving this dish to the guests, it will not disappoint you.